By Umar Suleiman
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged the Senate to consider and approve the nomination of seven persons for reappointment as National Commissioners of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
President Buhari’s request was contained in a letter read on the floor by Senate President Ahmad Lawan during plenary in Abuja.
The letter reads: “In accordance with Section 3(3) and (7) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000, I write to forward for confirmation by the Senate the under-listed names of seven persons for reappointment as members of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).”
The names of the national commissioners of the ICPC forwarded to the Upper Chamber for screening and confirmation include:
- Justice Adamu Bello (retd.), from Katsina State, to represent NorthwPrest;
- Hannatu Mohammed (Jigawa) to represent Northwest;
- Olubukola Balogun (Lagos) to represent Southwest;
- Grace Nkechiyere Chinda (Delta) to represent Southsouth.
- Obiora Samuel Igwedibia (Anambra) to represent Southeast;
- Abdullahi Maikano (Niger) to represent Northcentral;
- Prince Dauda Yahaya Umar (Nasarawa) to represent Northcentral