Google lifts ban on Crypto exchanges advertisements
Google, the world’s biggest digital advertising service, will allow regulated crypto exchanges and wallet providers to run their ads through its search engine starting August 2021.
The company announced Wednesday that it would update its financial products and services policy, reversing a ban that has been in place since early 2018 to discourage crypto scams.
The US is one of the biggest battlegrounds for cryptocurrency exchanges and crypto service providers in general, which is why Google’s move to lift some of its restrictions on crypto advertising is a big deal for this market.
Coinbase, one of the biggest crypto exchanges in the US, could benefit most from this move and increase its lead over other crypto exchange operators that are not registered with the US regulatory authorities.
“From 3 August, advertisers offering Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Wallets targeting the United States may advertise those products and services when they meet the following requirements and are certified by Google,” the company said in an update.
To be certified by Google, advertisers will need to:
- Be duly registered with FinCEN as a Money Services Business or a federal or state-chartered bank entity;
- Comply with relevant legal requirements;
- Ensure that their ads and landing pages comply with all Google Ads policies.
Google’s new policy won’t lift the ban on ads for initial coin offerings, DeFi trading protocols or otherwise promoting the purchase, sale or trade of cryptocurrencies or related products. The tools and services that aggregate or compare issuers of cryptocurrencies or related products won’t be allowed to advertise through Google’s channels either.
EXTRA: Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges In The USA
According to HedgewithCrypto, here are the best US exchanges to buy Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for 2021.
- Coinbase (high quality, trustworthy exchange)
- Binance (world-class crypto exchange for altcoin trading)
- US (best US exchange for leverage trading)
- eToro (popular social trading platform for crypto)
- Kraken (best exchange for safety and security)
- Gemini (good reputation, competitive fees, OTC desk)
- Crypto.com (leading crypto app and trading platform)
- IO (best for beginners, supports credit cards)
- Changelly (fast, instant platform to swap coins)
- Swan Bitcoin (best for DCA)
- Coinmama (secure and reliable)